The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding window pulls
Someone, somewhere was making handles for the sliding windows on early saloons - like this:

Does anyone know who it is/was and whether they are still available?

Thanks all!
Hi Parazine

Willie Mackenzie at Austin Repro.

Cheers

Howard
Thanks Howard, I'll give Willy a ring.

Regards

Tim R
Mine don't have that fancy ' T ' they are just the 3 folds. Someone at Beaulieu remarked 'it's nice to see original glass and thumb pulls' so I assumed them to be correct for 1927 longbridge top hat. If Willy is making the Tee type there must be a reason, just curious. cheers
Hi All

Rinsey Mills book show a longer three fold handle on the pictures of the very original 1930 RK.

Cheers

Howard
On my Pytchley saloon I made some sliding window pulls that are very similar in form to the 'T' type pictured above.  I used thin brass sheet which I folded over a piece of steel the same thickness as the glass.  At the 'T' end I used a short length of brass rod and rolled the brass sheet around it, soldering it in place.   I attached the pull to the glass with a colourless glass bonding adhesive.  The result is very period looking.  I made matching pulls for the opening windscreen and the smokers hatch in the roof.  I painted them satin black but they could easily be nickel plated.
This is the type fitted to the Top Hat (please excuse fuzzy photo).

Problem is that I only have two. Might they be original??

.jpg   DSC_0909s.JPG (Size: 262.42 KB / Downloads: 209)
Parazine's version was what was fitted to both my RKs (1929 and 1930) and also my 1929 Coupe.
That is definitely original. Smile
(23-11-2020, 10:42 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Parazine's version was what was fitted to both my RKs (1929 and 1930) and also my 1929 Coupe.
It's also a simple stamping - so will be correct.