The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1500kg of joy
On my regular business trips to Switzerland, I often brought back bottles of absinthe. These were generally obtained whilst on the road with one of the company's principles I dealt with. A stop would be made, usually at a hamlet deep in the country, my host disappearing into a cottage emerging with a bag containing a few illicit bottles. 
One occasion a bottle leaked in my briefcase, initially wiping out the hand written notes I had made and after a few days the paper itself!
I am told that absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...
If only the memories could be erased so...
I always thought that absence made the heart grow fonder.
But I now know it is abstinence.
Spex
(20-11-2020, 10:45 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I am told that absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...
 Curses ! Just took my breath away  Big Grin
I thought that absinthe powered Arianne rockets.
Ah, yes I had some absinthe(the green) just a week or so ago. I do like the Swiss bleu absinthe but now it is hard to get in the US. Yes, lots of myths. It was outlawed for several reasons. One was that a Swiss fellow hacked up his wife and kids after having absinthe. Of course, it didn't help that he had a bottle of cognac before that and was noticeably unstable while sober. And in late 19th century, some less responsible distillers were using some copper chemical to get the green color. And then there was the doctor who injected rats with thujone, the chemical in Grand Wormwood and it dissolved their brains. But in the second distillation, none of the thujone crosses over. Interestingly, Grand Wormwood was used as far back as the Romans as a way to rid the gut of intestinal parasites.

Erich in Mukilteo
good for Austin 7 owners
wormwood and woodworm
Bet former kills latter too but more expensive than permethrin
An old joke has the punch line "absinthe makes the fart go Honda".  Can't remember the joke, fortunately.
Wanda! That was her name, what a girl!