The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historic apartment
Anyone fancy living in Herbert Austin's old home? A major part of Lickey Grange is on the market including the Library and Billiard Room:

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/d...e3efb0bb5b

I mentioned this in my Editorial in 2020B Magazine, but the advert was removed soon after, so I assumed the flat had sold. However, it has now reappeared in the hands of the same agents, so presumably it didn't sell. You'll need deep pockets, not just for the purchase price, but check out the Annual Service Charges too!

Very nice but it’s only got two garages.
Alan Fairless
No problem, lots of spare bedrooms!
It's a really rather splendid apartment. The view from terrace is spectacular. However, I think the highlight is the properly sized 'display case' that would show off a Seven to best effect. (Also, notice the Austin badge used as the door handle. Nice touch)...

.jpg   1.JPG (Size: 64.15 KB / Downloads: 239)
Never mind the historical connection, I'm rather taken with the easy chair:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wink 
(20-11-2020, 02:07 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote:  notice the Austin badge used as the door handle. Nice touch...

and yet a jag in the drive.
Almost forgiveable, given the heritage connection via Swallow.
Pity I'm short of the odd bob or two at the moment,But perhaps if enough of us chipped in together we could fund its purchase as an Austin Seven members' TIME SHARE Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Idea Huh 

Might have to sell one of the cars..............

Bob
I'm curious, did the Old Man have this house built or was it something he bought?

Erich in Seattle
In 1910 Herbert Austin and his family moved from their home in Berwood Grove in Erdington to Lickey Grange, a much larger residence, situated about three miles from the factory. The house, set in extensive grounds, was built in 1890 for Birmingham solicitor, Joseph Rowlands, from whom it was purchased.

https://www.britainbycar.co.uk/lickey/443-lickey-grange

hth...