The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric motor
I came across this whilst browsing a French sales website, a Rosengart Lr2 with the option to buy a new electric drive motor. Interesting .
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
With the way things are going we could all be needing one of these in the not to distant future !
Very interesting Derek. I'm just trying to imagine how big the battery would have to be?
IChris
That’s what I said to the mrs when she said to try to purchase it, trailer ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
either that or the length of the flex needed to plug it into the mains...
2 weeks ago I had a drive of a Tesla Model X on the back of a friend who had an invite. In answer to our questions we established that this model weighs about 3.25 tons !  The entire floor inside is flat and after kneeling down we think the overall thickness of the floor from inside to outside is about 12 inches - this is all lithium batteries.
A little over 3 seconds for seeing 60MPH was very exciting on the ring road in Leeds. It is suggested that it can cover about 320 miles on a full charge depending on the weight of your right foot.
Whilst the Tesla model X is heavy due to its batteries it's not THAT heavy. According to the specs the kerbside weight is 2439kg. So about the same as a V8 Range Rover.
Leads me to wonder whether this was made to propel the car, or for some kind of workshop machinery etc? There may be a window of opportunity coming as resources are pouring in to battery development at present. That's until the lithium runs out, of course. Acceleration would be terrific!
Earlier this year, on the Yorkshire Experience, well known Austineer Chris Parkhurst showed off his electric-powered TC.

I think he is due for release any day soon - plugging an MG into a Tesla charging point is apparently frowned upon in those parts.

.jpg   P1080358.jpg (Size: 251.7 KB / Downloads: 460)
That electric motor is interesting, somebody has gone to the trouble of casting a nice bell housing, but then whats the gearbox for? Most electric motors are reversible or does the motor lack the grunt for direct drive. If they went to the trouble to cast one bell housing maybe there are more of these about. It's not clear enough to tell whether it is sand or die cast, if the latter that would be expensive for a one off.