The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol ban now 2030
(18-11-2020, 03:51 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: What about another quite large elephant in the room which is building energy efficiency? Next to us they are in the process of building 19 "executive dwellings" of from 2 bedroom to 5 bedroom size. They have all the latest swanky kitchens and bathroom equipment but the insulation and airtightness  are based on unrevised energy standards for domestic buildings dating back to 2007. And of course they have gas boilers. Could it be that the developers have  very powerful lobbying to keep such standards low so that they can trouser the extra profits?
I have no idea what an “executive dwelling” is supposed to be either Dave, but we have all seen the tragic results of the building industry cutting corners and the way the specifiers can get around rules and regulations at the highest levels of government, so energy efficiency doesn’t have much of a chance does it!
I drive round in cars I can afford to buy from the money in my bank account, which means that generally the cars I drive are 7 to 15 years old.

I am by no means alone.

Voters only put up with being told what to do for so long. The budget motorist will become a very powerful lobby come the day.

When it gets to a point where you can buy reliable 10 year old electric, hydrogen, nuclear or whatever powered vehicle which had the range/usefulness etc of an IC engine one then their time is numbered. Until then.......

Besides, does anyone really think that the petrochem firms are going to stop making it when there is a demand. The demand in developing countries will continue and there will be a 20 year lag.

All we need to do is ensure there is a Historic exemption so we can get some, and to ensure that, those of you who are taking the piss within the current rules need to stop doing so.

We are at this point next year with our coal fired steam vehicles, and we are a much smaller, almost non important lobby. The opinion is we shall group together and import it by the container load if necessary (as an exemption is proposed). But the belief is that some specialized merchants will do it for us anyway.

It may well increase the cost, but hey ho. At least I don't run a blonde with a designer handbag fetish who will piss off with half of everything I own when I trade her in for a younger model.
With the vital role the heritage steam railways play in the UK’s tourist industry (when it returns) I don’t thing coal supply will be a problem for the foreseeable future Hedd, if it does some enterprising chap will reopen a mine!
My words for you youngster and your austin 7s or any other old cars.

USE THEM WILST YOU CAN, AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

And don't worry about the future of motoring, what will be will be.

I'm with tony and the rest, this is all politics to get boris in for a few more year.

Batteries are NO more sustainable, than fossil fuels.

But that doesn't mean with the speed of technology something else wont come forward. Or another killer from China gets us all first.

Enjoy them,

Tony.
I totally agree Tony, my take and always has been is,
HAVE LOTS OF FUN NOW
Don't put off enjoying anything.
(18-11-2020, 03:51 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: What about another quite large elephant in the room which is building energy efficiency? Next to us they are in the process of building 19 "executive dwellings" of from 2 bedroom to 5 bedroom size. They have all the latest swanky kitchens and bathroom equipment but the insulation and airtightness  are based on unrevised energy standards for domestic buildings dating back to 2007. And of course they have gas boilers. Could it be that the developers have  very powerful lobbying to keep such standards low so that they can trouser the extra profits?

The proposals also include bringing forward the ban on domestic gas boilers from 2025 to 2023 - that's just over two years away. Meanwhile the existing gas supply system continues to be extended to areas not presently covered!
Anyone for an LPG conversion for their Austin 7
( I would fit mine with a Cooking Engine )
I suspect a forklift set up would work.
The 2030 is only new cars but has anyone seen a statement re when if petrol / diesel will been stopped?
Perhaps we should follow the gentleman who is converting his RP to electric.
hi dave,

sorry not for me.

when i put my foot on the load peddle i want to hear how badly ive tuned my engine Wink

same with automatic gearboxes, i like to crunch my own gears  Wink

it all sends me cold.

i love the adverts for battery/electric cars though. how they tell you, you can get 420 miles from one charge. (as they say, always read the small print). its at the bottom of your screen. these distances have been acheived at a maximum speed of 22 mph.  no heater, radio, lights. etc etc. i doubt they even allow for the wheight of the driver. to drive to scotland in that sort of vehicle. LIFES TO SHORT.  Huh

tony