The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prescott class 1 2021
Would be very good to see more standard cars in Class 1 at VSCC events.
But, bear in mind that a Standard Class 1 Car specification is  " as it left the factory". 
e.g. for an Ulster - original Ulster crankcase/gearbox/back axle etc.  Body must be complete with road wings, hood and screen.
Any variations from the above it becomes modified.
I agree, however I think there is a bit of tolerance on the concept of standard vs modified.
I know of at least one ulster rep with a modified touring engine running as standard. I get the feeling that they are mostly interested in the bits you can see like wings, windscreen etc... I asked about running with no hood and was told it was fine so have done ever since.
Has someone been telling Porkies on their Buff form then. ????

Its costing me a lot of £££ to bring the 65 engine into standard class
I have already spent more on engine parts than the car cost to buy in 1982
I might have enough bits to put two engine together by the time I have finished messing around.
I doubt if the proper engine will be finished by August though.
Rocking Horse poo is not as rare as a Nippy Carb.
My AG tourer has one! Should I sell it and fit something else?...
Thanks for your email, Tom. I will admit to a small stirring of interest.

Regards,

Stuart
Tom, I’ve had the Solex fitted for some time now. Jetting is far better so the car starts and goes much better with it. Shows how wrong the mixture was on the Amal’s with modern fuel!
Should have it ready over Christmas. Plenty of time for running in.   Smile
The Ulster likely won't be ready by August, but the 75 will be if I can travel. It may be the slowest up the hill but good to get interesting cars out.

Erich in Seattle