The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dig an inspection pit - in one's front room
....while obeying the Bricklayers' Union Recommended Dress Code (the cufflinks are optional):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another cracking picture!

It reminds me of the garage I had when I lived on the Isle of Wight, the roof was so low, a previous occupant installed a very generous inspection pit, that a subsequent owner filled in...I thought about digging it out again, but bought a house with more headroom in the garage instead...
I used to know a chap with a Vintage MG that used his inspection pit as a log store !!
He's not been brought up properly, he's not wearing a tie.
Is that Brylcreem or has he been working under an Austin Seven too long ??
I see he has a B*ll*ck Ripper luggage rack on his plunger frame Triumph (BSA?) tank, it could explain a lot!
Absolutely. When we were young, we always wore a tire. Even when competing. One felt naked without it.

(15-11-2020, 05:27 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I see he has a B*ll*ck Ripper luggage rack on his plunger frame Triumph (BSA?) tank, it could explain a lot!
... with the steering damper knob to deliver the coup de grâce...
It appears that the artist went thruogh an abstract period whilst at art school, and has still not quite gone back to perspective.
(15-11-2020, 06:02 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Absolutely. When we were young, we always wore a tire. Even when competing. One felt naked without it.

(15-11-2020, 05:27 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I see he has a B*ll*ck Ripper luggage rack on his plunger frame Triumph (BSA?) tank, it could explain a lot!
... with the steering damper knob to deliver the coup de grâce...

I have a friend who, as a sales rep., worked for a company manufacturing prosthetic testicles. He kept a supply at home and occasionally a local hospital would ring his wife during the day enquiring whether her husband had a particular size and if so they'd send someone round to pick them up.
I see he has a B*ll*ck Ripper luggage rack on his plunger frame Triumph (BSA?) tank, it could explain a lot!
Oh yes, I've seen that happen, one of the seniors at my High School had lovingly applied copious Armor-All [a new product then] to the seat of his 3TA over lunchtime, then at quitting time because it just had started to rain, put on his PVC leggings. You can guess what came next when he had to make a quick stop at the pedestrian crossing outside the school gates.
Edit: that's got to be a BSA surely judging by the push rod cover? And did Triumph ever have a plunger frame, I always thought they went straight from rigid to their sprung hub?