The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk2 Ruby Coachlines
Does anyone have a photo of the front and rear detail of an AAR ruby coachline they would be prepared to post please?

Thanks

Ian
Hope these photos help, the are of my mark 2 ruby with original paint, I have seen some follow the arrow shape at the front as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for that, just what I wanted, so they are thin and positioned towards the bottom of the swage line and follow the shape of the arrow at the back. Did yours possibly also follow the arrow shape at the front? or are you certain it didn't?

Thanks

Ian
Hi Ian

Mine definitely did not follow the shape of the arrow at the front, this is the same both sides and is the same as another original painted car I have.

Regards 

David
Perhaps it changed year to year or depended who was painting the lines. I have seen several unrestored cars where the line quite clearly loops around at both ends. I seem to remember one of the old advertising films on the A7CA website shows it on the front of a Ruby. 

Ours was copied from an original when we restored it, unfortunately the signwriter (although he made a lovely job of it) made the lines much too thick:

I've never tried to put the lines back on my Ruby - not sure what to do about the sagging doors - follow the moulding or go straight across?!

Colin
Peter,

That looks nice, I can understand why the lines are thicker, it would be very difficult to do the very thin lines. My car deviates from original in many ways; carpets, furflex, LED lights, so I am not necessarily looking for original, more what gives a nod to original and looks good.

Thanks  
Ian

Colin,

Difficult one that.  I have straightened mine up as much as possible on the hinges but the offside is still not level. I think the problem now lies with insufficient packing in the body mounting, so I will try adjusting that next. I fear however, as testified by the majority of Ruby's, even in period photographs, I may be on a hiding to nothing.

So what will I do; I will follow the swage as it should be, not as it is (maybe with just a touch of correction) unless someone can offer a more permanent solution to this problem?

Ian
Here is how mine was done. Looking at the photos now I can see the driver's door has dropped further since then, but it was never properly in line.

Thanks Mick and all,

I know where I am going with this now. I will post an update when I have done the dirty deed (a couple of weeks time)

Ian
Here the film, just in case you need more inspiration Ian! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QKk4mPsBZs  you can see the coachlines at 59 seconds - frustratingly hidden behind an advertising pop-up but the loop-around bit is definitely there!

Peter.