The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy Model
For those who use instagram there is an interesting paper sculpture model of a Chummy on line made by a children's book writer and illustrator Chris Demarest. Find him on Instagram    Chrisdem51
For those without Instagram, here it is:

Attached Files
.jpg   1 paper chummy 2.jpg (Size: 69.97 KB / Downloads: 372)
.jpg   1 paper chummy 3.jpg (Size: 58.69 KB / Downloads: 373)
.jpg   1 paper chummy 4.jpg (Size: 46.63 KB / Downloads: 373)
.jpg   1 paper chummy.jpg (Size: 58.59 KB / Downloads: 372)
Thanks Tony,I tried to do this but failed!
The rest of his modelling and sculptures are/is interesting too!
Excellent. But what you really need is a Gra**hopper...

.png   image_2020-11-12_113314.png (Size: 35.14 KB / Downloads: 357)
(12-11-2020, 11:56 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Thanks Tony,I tried to do this but failed!
The rest of his modelling and sculptures are/is interesting too!
They are - all sorts of unusual cars and bicycles. Sometimes it's not possible to right-click and "copy" a picture on the web, but by using a snipping tool anything can be saved. The one I use is called "Lightshot" and replaces PrintScreen. It's really handly and allows, among other things, annotation of pictures to explain what goes where, what to bend or cut, etc. For example:

Attached Files
.jpg   annotation.jpg (Size: 57.07 KB / Downloads: 314)
Nice to see a shaper, no doubt with the Whitworth fast return gear...
Is there any chance that you could put a link to his Instagram account up here? He has made some delightful models of cars and motorcycles which I'm sure would be of interest to forum members.
(12-11-2020, 06:37 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Nice to see a shaper, no doubt with the Whitworth fast return gear...
Is there any chance that you could put a link to his Instagram account up here? He has made some delightful models of cars and motorcycles which I'm sure would be of interest to forum members.
I hope this works - it seems to, even without an Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/chrisdem51/

Ah! The very clever Whitwork fast-return gear, now you're talking... the non-productive return stroke is faster that the forward cutting stroke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmdq16_HhLs
            aMy Birthday present from a crafting friend earlier this year. Last picture is a painting by an Australian friend

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)