The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy door checkstraps
At the moment the Chummy has not got any checkstraps on its doors. Were they fitted as standard? If so, could a kind soul please post some pictures to give me a guide?
These are not, of course original, but one shows a very neat arrangement and the other how the strap is bolted to the frame (in this case by Bodger No.1) in a more workaday solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Arrrhh, that's rude... (the last!)
When it comes to later tourers there appears to be a much cleaner way of attaching check straps.  The attached photo is of a restored LWB tourer which has a check strap fitted like the chummy shown above and just like those illustrated in the Rinsey Mills book for an RP.  However (and ignoring the non-original style of door card) if you look above it you can see a recess in the door frame and a channel in the A post behind which there is a fixture to hold a vertical pin through a loop in the strap.  I don't know if the RP also has such a structure and never having examined an original tourer I am unsure as to whether this much more satisfactory arrangement was actually used.

Thanks chaps
Original check-straps on David Howe's car:

Straps are made of a sacking material, wrapped in Rexine and machine-stitched, fixed under the door and door-post lining.