The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helloooooo!
Smile 
Afternoon All,
I hope you are all managing to keep well in these bonkers times.
I am a total newbie to this world of austin sevens and will gratefully accept any top tip from those in the know.
On saturday i purchased a 1927 AD Tourer from Kent. An early birthday present as the planned cruise and party etc etc was cancelled and not happening anytime soon. I originally looked at a couple 10 years ago for my last big birthday and couldn't find a car I liked but this one is pretty and runs a treat.
I don't really know the history maybe some pointers in that direction would be helpful.
Thanks all.
Welcome to the Austin Seven World. A few pictures of your new purchase will soon get the conversations started!
This is last night in the dark. Grandson was driving. Big Grin

I understand it was owned by Lois Raeburn wife of Alan, and Mac Bonar? possibly?

I have no idea other than that. Lois is a lovely lady and I have promised to look after her car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome - It looks a lovely car.

Hope you get to all enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

Do join a club you will then get to meet other bonkers people.
Very smart! It looks like a really straight car, have fun!
Good choice of car! The mag engine Chummy is my all-time favourite Austin 7, still brings a smile to my face after forty five years!

Enjoy!
Looks a great car. Congrats on a brillianr purchase.   Someone will probably tell me to go to Spec Savers, but aren't thr headlights the CSAV FWP type tht normally go on 1923-4 Sevens?  If so you have even more value in the car.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(11-11-2020, 12:15 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Looks a great car. Congrats on a brillianr purchase.   Someone will probably tell me to go to Spec Savers, but aren't thr headlights the CSAV FWP type tht normally go on 1923-4 Sevens?  If so you have even more value in the car.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz

Welcome back to the Forum sharp eyed Bill  Big Grin

As noted looks a nice car - with a good pedigree if Mac Bonar was involved.
Hi ER

It is reassuring to learn of a person of younger generation approaching the car with appropriate attitude and so finding satisfaction other than as a collectors stamp. To many younger persons the step back to the 1920s is more than they manage or enjoy. Do you have experience of other older cars?
Afternoon All thought I'd check back in let you know how its going. All is great been out quite alot, done the food shop been to the pub we did drive it day you may have seen that on the austin seven FB page, around 50 miles so pleased with that.
The things I am struggling with.
Light bulbs i have 35/3W 6v, I would like those but have had to order 35/35?
The windscreen wiper?
Sluggish uphill runs a dream on the flat and small hills but really steep or heavy load ( hubby) slows right up needs to change down. I think I have the advance & Retard sorted? ish.

All suggestions greatly received.