The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzling prices
(10-11-2020, 05:27 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Even without a visible chassis numbers, there are mechanisms to allow for this. You get a club to date it based on its features, which to be fair is easy as on an Austin 7, and it gets allocated a date as per the youngest component. Then allocated a DVLA generated VIN (which has to be stamped on - sometimes by some approved 'garage', - sometimes inspected - and sometimes any old numbers obliterated). Then an Age related plate is issued.

Even if the body was new when the car was restored, I would bet that there isn't anyone in the world who could accurately date a 10 year old body once the paint is on it.

I also cant believe there is no engine number, if its been ground out, I'd be very surprised there isn't a hole in the crankcase!. 

Did anyone actually lay eyes on the car?

Does anyone know how the above is done with the DVLA? Any links to the process on the DVLA site? I know it can be done with a Number it's the allocation of a new DVLA number that would be great.

Thanks
You wouldn’t need to do this as David Cochrane has very helpfully given the chassis number on the pram hood register.
Just goes to show how helpful these registers are.
Is the new owner a forum member, does anyone know him, to have the chassis number would be his lucky day.