The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting windscreen glass into the frame
After fitting the glass with a rubber seal I leave the assembly for a few days before trimming the excess rubber.
Phew! Finally summoned up the courage (and a bit of help from the wife) to try and put the windscreen together. Full marks Ruairidh, the secret is just as you described. You need to pull the seal onto the edge of the glass as tight as you can and the it all slots together in seconds. Used a rubber mallet to seat it all down and Bingo! It's done. No washing up liquid in sight!

Now for fitting it to the car, for which I'm awaiting 1/4BSF stainless countersunk screws.
Its a few years ago so memory may have faded but I believe that I did the screen on the chummy with this 
https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1...-extrusion or something very like it.
Well done with the successful installing of the upper windscreen glass. The correct seal make all the difference between staying in place or slowly falling out.  So do you remember what the thickness was of the rubber strip that you used? I need to do the same thing for my Top Hat screen
Many thanks,
Paul
It was 1.5mm rubber glazing strip. I think I got it from eBay, I'll have to check.