The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing silicon
Screwfix and Toolstation sell a silicone remover
Good morning all. Many thanks for the replies I hadn't realised that so many options were available.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Orange oil is what it says on the tin, oil of orange. Smells nice too and doesn't affect the skin if you forget your gloves.
Thanks Duncan. Never encounter that though I used a mix of vegetal oils for my parquet and I seem to remeber it was one of the components with linseed oil.
What other uses has it please?
Orange oil is an very effective product for removing sticky label residue, Renaud (if you're into recycling glass jars for instance or removing stickers from windscreens etc)- apply, allow to sit for ~10 minutes then rinse off. Not quite the magic bullet, you may have to repeat a couple of times...
Removing sticky tape adhesive residue (including aged masking tape)
I've used it to help remove the perished double sided tape from body trim, less toxic than most of the solvents and nearly as effective.
Also good for degreasing and cleaning small/delicate items that can be rinsed in water afterwards.
It is/was available from CRC in aerosol form, there is a warning on the can that it can affect 'certain plastics'.