The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSJ, hoists and winches
Indeed Bruce. I must agree that it applies to workshops like for cupboards!
I have about 96 m² (8x12 m) so 1000 foot². There live three (little) cars and a large bike (KS600 Zündapp). I too wanted a mezzanine. Like your RSJ my central beam is quite a monster (also calculated, no risk) , 700 x 200 mm (2'4"x 8") and 12 m long but NO pillar! Very heavytoo around 1.25 ton.

I consider myself very lucky to have that place of course. The story about it is this. My old workshop was much larger (yes, three times...) but very damp and dark with a very low ceiling. Really uncomfortable with no real possibility of bettering it. It was also on quite a large plot I was not using. A friendly neighbour asked me if I would sold him the plot to build a house for his family. I told him jokingly that he would have to build me another workshop in that case. But, as he is a builder he told me that yes, something like that could be arranged. I then passed three evenings drawing and send it to him.
To make it short he agreed to buy the plot and to build me that one.