The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP windscreen size
Chris,

Yes, the RP chrome on brass windscreen I bought for my High Roof AVH van on ebay has the "Triplex Toughened" circular logo with 3 x's within the circle etched in the front top right corner of the screen glass.
Thank you Chris for the dimensions of the glass.

When i had my screen out a few months ago, I found that it was about an 1/8th inch short in both dimensions and someone had made wooden packing pieces to take up the clearance. I am about to get a new one made to the correct size when my tame windscreen fitting company can fit it in.

I don't think it matters whether an RP screen is laminated or toughened. I understand that laminated glass is easier to cut. All that matters is that, in the event of accidents, it doesn't break into jugular cutting shards.
Graham - My suggestion to you would be to make a plywood template and test fit it - then to the windscreen shop.

A plain glass screen is now not legal for reasons of sense.
A Laminated screen is good, but on an opening window with a flimsy frame like on the RP a toughened screen is much better because it is much much stronger.
My car had toughened fitted from new and is still in the car.
Technically the screen should now have a kite mark on it. This is not difficult to organise.