The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trigger's Broom
This is interesting, but a bit of a head scratcher...

Race provenance from the 50s, but the chassis was replaced in the 80s

www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1282906

Light blue touch paper and retire
I wonder what the impetus was for the Chummy cowl in the first place - thermosiphon cooling? Bet it's a fabulous car underneath but the front doesn't work for me personally with what Jem Marsh's design was trying to do in late 50s.
Looking at the faded image / text its original registration would appear to have been OD 67 issued by Devon C.C. in August 1931. It's listed on the Chassis Register under OD 67 but with very few details other than it being a special / 750 MC.

.png   Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 16.24.23.png (Size: 504.17 KB / Downloads: 430)
I think OC 67 may be a different car; OD 67 is not recognised on the DVLA website, but PVS 363 is a green Austin first registered August 1931, which ties in with OD 67 being re-registered. OC 67 is also DVLA recognised, and is a 1933 Austin, also green ...
Sorry Mike my typo error!! - I've corrected my post.
The Chummy Rad conversion was to allow it to race in a different class from the crossflow rad original design.
Apologies have read through the notes OD67 was a 1931 saloon but special was built on 1937 lwb chassis in the 50s. Thanks for your comments and posting I will correct advert
(04-11-2020, 12:30 PM)Mgibson Wrote: Apologies have read through the notes OD67 was a 1931 saloon but special was built on 1937 lwb chassis in the 50s. Thanks for your comments and posting I will correct advert
Sorry if this seemed in any way to be questioning the integrity of the car or the advert. 
It's nice to hear that the racing provenance extends to more than just the body shell. It may be more attractive to any prospective buyer.
Nice car. If I had the space and a few loose pounds...
I see that OD 67 was entered by Nick Morgan, for Beaulieu in 1979, as a 1931 Odd Job Special. I don't remember the car, although it should have been parked in between my Ashley and my brother's special at the event.

As dickie65 suggests, the rules of 750mc Austin 7 racing at the time, was that the radiator had to be of upright, original Austin 7 style. For this reason, I reluctantly sold my Ashley, and replaced it with a Cambridge special.