The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lesson in how to be correctly dressed for a Saturday in the garage
It may sound strange but I know people like him who can completely remove an engine strip it down and don’t get a spot of oil or dirt on themselves or anywhere else. I just wish I know how they do it as it would keep me in good books at home.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Duncan Pittaway dresses that smartly in the garage

Good grief. I am not letting any of my A7 engines see that image. The intimidating size of those pistons and conrods will cause them immediate and terminal inferiority complexes!
(03-11-2020, 03:10 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Good grief. I am not letting any of my A7 engines see that image. The intimidating size of those pistons and conrods will cause them immediate and terminal inferiority complexes!
...and that's just the auxiliary engine to drive the supercharger...
(03-11-2020, 12:08 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Eeeek 

Elf and safety would have a field day.
No eye protection 
Gloves
And that tie just ready to get entangled with the drill or lathe

Cheers

Howard

No problem, Howard, he doesn't own any power tools.
Hmm. Two different types of adjustable nut and bolt manglers in that image, I'm sure I've followed up on that chap's repair work at a later date.
Glad to see he kept his moustache well trimmed and tidy...
Those F spanners are the most awkward things to use. but they open conveniently wide for the odd large nut. (handy for home plumbing and so common and cheap can hammer if necessary!)
I ran my car for years with no socket set.
I have ruined many shirts just creeping into the workshop to view something. Everything seems to eject black oil drops.
Sadly the picture represents a diy era near completely gone with the cars.
My father would have been similarly dressed in the workshop, perhaps with the addition of a long brown coat if he was doing something especially mucky and a beret if he went under the car. All very Frank Spencer!
I guess it's still called a gudgeon pin, even when it is the size of a rolling pin?