The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stroud Auctions sale
Hi bob,

I can only say the silt and mud in the themes probably stopped the corrosion.

The one in the auction has that frost bitten look, stupidly hard to get apart. And when you do. You find the frost has blown through the bores.

Many have seen my lack of storage with engines and crankcase stored outside, I have engine outside for 20 years and they still look alot fresher than the auction one.

The pile is going down well now though,  as shed clearances rearly come up nowadays.

Tony.
well, always the bridesmaid??

thought id take a phone line and have a bid on this one.

had a price of £3,000 in my head. and ended up the underbidder at £3,700 plus commision.

it sounds a good price, but i asked when i got the call if the missing documents had turned up yet. and they hadnt. and its hard to pay for something thats unlikely to turn up.

would have kept it as a tractor as well, a bit of fun.

nevermind, it will be interesting to see what happens to it. tractor? ulster rep? stripped for parts?

theres always another one Wink austin 7 or something else.

tony
Tony, see post 6, what happened! LOL
Gene
I know we should have better things to do, but having noted that the auction house have put up the price at £3,700 plus premium, I went to look at the forum. Mr Betts tells us about his near miss, but what is post 6 and what excitement does it reveal? With everyone locked in or locked down in their workshops, how long until the two cars bearing the numbers and blessed with the V5s venture out?
Hi gene,

Sorry but you've lost me, and steve by the looks of it.

What's post 6?

Can you put up a connection, or give us more clues.

Always interested if it will give us a lol.

Tony.
I assume this is post 6 ?

"hi mike,

you will need to be an optamist if you think the foot on the crankcase will grow back. [Image: biggrin.png]

but i am being a bit unfair on the engine.

if you dont mind breaking your back lugging it around, im sure someone will pay well on ebay for the mag dynamo. or the chance to restore it. also someone on here was after the brass block in the gearlever.

i think id push the rest onto the drive, for the scrapman.

it wont be for me, my back is bad enough as it is.

tony"
So, about £4700?
Hi tony p.

I still don't get it.

My reference is to the engine on it's own.

I beleive that went for £100 plus fees.

I left bids on 5 other items, and was Lso in second place on 4 of those. Although I always find that the case when leaving bids.

One of was the GWR bench ends.

Tony.
Hi Tony, I thought post 6 was in relation to the car, sorry
Hi gene,

No.

As suggested, that engine was alot of lugging around for crumbly parts. Not for me.

I fancied a go at the car, if it went for the right price. It would be a bit of fun as a tractor.

But read Stroud description, the muddle between which paperwork went to wich chassis. Then one set of papers never came forward.

Other bits of fun are on offer, but lockdown may cause alot of problems on those. Nevermind.

Tony.