The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stroud Auctions sale
Stroud Auctions has a two day sale this week - lots of interesting things including several rusty A7 bits (from Lot 115)  https://www.stroudauctions.co.uk/auction...th-and-5th

and this Chummy project: 

https://www.stroudauctions.co.uk/lots/5f...69003d910b

.jpg   chum.JPG (Size: 47.85 KB / Downloads: 885)
I have a feeling that the estimate will be left a very long way behind!
good luck with that engine.

it doesnt look like much is useable.

although saying that, i remember the engine in worse condition on ebay. accuratly advertised. that it looked like it had spent most of its life at the bottom of the ocean.

it sold for good money.

so good luck to anyone having a go at it.

tony
Hey Tony, you should know that all Austin Seven owners are born optimists: I bet that'll fire up straight away with a cup-full of fresh petrol  Big Grin
(02-11-2020, 04:50 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Hey Tony, you should know that all Austin Seven owners are born optimists: I bet that'll fire up straight away with a cup-full of fresh petrol  Big Grin

Surely the fashion for studious decrepitude ensures that this engine commands a premium?

c
hi mike,

you will need to be an optamist if you think the foot on the crankcase will grow back. Big Grin

but i am being a bit unfair on the engine.

if you dont mind breaking your back lugging it around, im sure someone will pay well on ebay for the mag dynamo. or the chance to restore it. also someone on here was after the brass block in the gearlever.

i think id push the rest onto the drive, for the scrapman.

it wont be for me, my back is bad enough as it is.

tony
Two short chassis on one car. One could create a special with four wheel steering. ;-)

Erich in Seattle
could have an eight wheeler like the monkeys.
Tony
Didn't John Coleman's engine spend years at the bottom of the Thames at Oxford - seemed to get him from Buenos Aires to New York OK?
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
This looks like it might be a very expensive way of buying even more expence. Not really in the A7 tradition of lots of trouble at low cost - those days appearing to have gone. For good.