The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - November 2020
If I remember Philip Island Victoria AGP ?
I presume they sang "Ho Ho, hi ho, its off to work we go!"
Perhaps the big brother of the guy in the shirt had died and they were rehearsing as pall bearers.
Or is it some Viking funeral ritual?
If it was Oz, probably they ran a sweep on how long it will float.
No, Tony, not Philip Island  Big Grin
Finally found the Picture:

[i]'No, this is not a bunch of pall bearers en route to a burial at sea. It’s motor sport officials and drivers carrying Tom Lord’s Gordon England’s Brooklands model Austin 7 across the flooded creek otherwise barring the way onto Gerringong Beach in 1928.[/i]

[i]When interviewed in 1970, John Sherwood explained  "We ran at low tide on a four mile course, marked by two flags, two miles apart. The course was not dangerous because, if we went off the track, there were no fences to run into"[/i]. '

Gerrringong Beach in the Kiama region of the NSW South Coast.

Knew I had seen it before: in Tony Johns story about Austin Seven Racing in Australia  Smile  
Yes, Tony, that's it; the photo is from the John Sherwood Collection, submitted by Tony Johns. For those interested, here's a modern-day shot of Seven Mile Beach, with, presumably, the offending creek in the foreground:

.jpeg   seven mile beach gerringong.jpeg (Size: 109.1 KB / Downloads: 91)