The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lovely Light Car cover.
Mike has included the cover below on the inside of this quarter's A7CA Magazine - click on the picture for the full-resolution copy. If you would like an even higher resolution image, good enough to make a poster (though it may take a while to download on a slow connection) it can be found here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More thanks Tony

I wonder how owners of mere Ford Ys dressed.
They will all be able to get into the Ruby without exceeding the weight recommendation. Might have to let the cushions down for head clearance.
Would either lady risk their outfit in the open car?
Does Ruby steering drip black grease or just the earlier?
Are the guys discussing first chance in the back seat, or figuring how to lure them into the trees ? Or are they wishing they had brought a rug?

The adverts cleverly convey the concept that the cars are for the upper class. It is surprising that the deluxe models sold so well. I know of persons here who as young tradesmen bought small cars new, but wages were notably above UK at the time.
(01-11-2020, 04:18 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: ... It is surprising that the deluxe models sold so well...

Human psychology! When William Morris introduced the first £100 Morris Minor in 1931 the Company was making just £5 profit on each car; fortunately the model was not a big seller, most people buying the more expensive de-luxe model at a rather higher profit level. But the cheaper car was a good advertisement to draw in the punters.
(01-11-2020, 04:18 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Would either lady risk their outfit in the open car?
Are the guys discussing  first chance in the back seat, or  figuring how to lure them into the trees ? Or are they wishing they had brought a rug?
No, Bob. The guys are discussing the football results - and the ladies wondering what to plant in their gardens for next year's display. I thought about Photoshoping in a fluorescent-jacketed jobsworth shouting, "Oy, yu can't pick 'em, they're a pr'jeteted specis!"
Recently, having spent a few quid getting my wife's first-every car back on the road - a Ruby, it's nearly ready - I'm really taken with this image.