The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Goodman photographs etc for auction
Mike's point (and he does know an awful lot about the subject I can assure you) is that the greedy auction houses take far too great a percentage of the hammer price and the profits are utterly out of line with expenses. Go to one of the leading auction events and count the number of staff, the hangers-on, the fancy transport, the expensive venues, the ludicrous terms and conditions, the cost of entering and transporting your vehicle, having it photographed, etc, etc. In most cases, you can't even hear the cars run, let alone make a close inspection. Unless I was really desperate for personal reasons - and I was, once - I would never use them (the rip-off ones), ever, though the Edmunds outfit seems very much realistic.
Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Roy. 
My RK is 1929 (101380) and has a chrome radiator as shown on the period publicity shots. Do you have an earlier shell perhaps?  
My bonnet wasn't a great fit initially (in fact it was awful!), but by judicious making some holes oval in the lower mountings (not more than 1/8") to give some adjustment, it now fits well. One thing was that the bonnet sealing rubber had to be fitted really tight against the matching shoulder on the Rad shell & scuttle...that made at least an extra 1/4",. Also the bonnet top stay again had oval holes & that allowed (relatively) quite a lot of adjustment.