The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulkhead clearance
Or has someone cut the hole as a quick and easy way to attend to a coolant leak or de-sludge the block water jacket Smile  ?
We used to do this to 100E Fords to repair a leaking rear core plug, directly under the dipswitch iirc and then once you'd blocked it with a body plug the customer would be none the wiser...
(03-11-2020, 08:54 AM)A G Wood Wrote: Or has someone cut the hole as a quick and easy way to attend to a coolant leak or de-sludge the block water jacket Smile  ?
We used to do this to 100E Fords to repair a leaking rear core plug, directly under the dipswitch iirc and then once you'd blocked it with a body plug the customer would be none the wiser...
Yes I have to confess doing similar on a DS Citroen when I cut a hole in the bulkhead to change the timing chain then pop riveted a cover and put the carpet back, saved me about 2 days work. The car had terminal rust and I was broke so it worked.
Cheers

Mark
At least your's was done neatly.
Mine had about a dozen holes used to chain cut a bigger hole and then a piece of steel slapped over the top to hide it all.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
My AD Chummy had a hole just like that. I think the core plug was threaded?
My RK came with a rough cut hole. It hadn’t been covered with anything (even carpet).  I welded in a new bit of steel during the restoration.  Perhaps tidying up the hole and putting on a cover plate may have been a better idea?  Huh.

Howard
(03-11-2020, 10:04 AM)David.H Wrote: My AD Chummy had a hole just like that. I think the core plug was threaded?
Then hopefully a factory hole?
Cheers

Mark