The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screw in torque tube bracket
Hi All

Thanks to all those who responded to my wants add.  I’m just about fixed up with a complete axle now.

However

When I acquired my RK some half shaft problems made me end up rebuilding the whole axle with a good second hand CW&P.  The previous owner had installed a shorter 1932 pinion by jettisoning the lock nut on the pinion adjuster and tightening it up hard.

Having installed the correct pinion flange, adjuster and locknut I’ve run the car without problem for a year.  However the bracket is not sitting correctly (see pic below) and I’ve now realised that in addition to modifying the pinion flange the torque tube has been shortened.

Question.  In order to get the bracket to sit vertically I am considering cutting the bracket and welding in a 3/4” offset. This will raise the bracket slightly but as this axle may then be used on the special with flatter springs this is possibly beneficial. Any reason why this is a bad idea?

One advantage of using this shortened torque tube is that I can then put a 5.25 ratio CW&P in.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   8EFB088C-A183-4B26-8C98-656DBBD3ECD8.jpeg (Size: 118.04 KB / Downloads: 170)
Howard it would be better if you fitted the later type t/tube support with the rubber bush they are longer and it stops the t/tube waggling from side to side.
  Terry.