The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the last - and a 2-seater as well
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1939-Austin-7...ed-Gearbox

Amongst the pictures of the engine is:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now that disappeared off ebay pretty quickly, or is it just banned from coming into Wales?
pity it wasn't being kept with the car...
Well, that disappeared a bit quick...does the car still exist or was it just some parts for sale?

Being such a late one and a two seater, it would be interesting to find out a bit more...
I think the advert was for a tired engine which the owner was just not going to restore... but why would they have put the buff book up there as ANY engine is going to original to something!
Wow! That is only 287 away from mine ?
(29-10-2020, 05:08 PM)JonE Wrote: I think the advert was for a tired engine which the owner was just not going to restore... but why would they have put the buff book up there as ANY engine is going to original to something!
I think the owner just put up the logbook picture to confirm the age of the original engine. He stated intention was to replace it with a reliant unit.....
Still doesn't beat my first Austin 7, 1939 Ruby, TL8106, registered January 1939, chassis 290524. There's a couple of vans with higher chassis numbers but no complete cars as far as I am aware. At one time, in the Bristol club, we had the earliest Ruby AHY 322 and the latest, TL8106 active on club events.