The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 AUSTIN 7 RP SALOON
Nice car, would cost all of that to restore to that standard. Shame a previous owner sold the reg.
Hope it sells soon, on the brighter note it is getting publicity!
You'll know what the market thinks within 4 weeks. Be patient.

That said my money is on a significant price reduction before it sells.
There's not much point in this thread unless we can see the car and the asking price. Not everyone is or wants to be on facecloth.
(27-10-2020, 11:48 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: There's not much point in this thread unless we can see the car and the asking price. Not everyone is or wants to be on facecloth.
The car is actually for sale on eBay - the Facebook entry was just a copy-and-paste posting: This is a car that my grandmother would have described as "Very neat, very clean, very sanitory."

P.S. Some people need to get a grip on what how social media works; it's not all a bed of roses and cosy fire-side chats and does attract the terminally offended and the inevitable "I-know-better-than-you" crowd. Now, excuse me, I've just spotted an error on the internet and must correct it...

Click the images below for a higer-resolution copy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1933-AUSTIN-7...4465577508

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   6.jpg (Size: 270.76 KB / Downloads: 303)
Thank you for the link, Tony. Now it makes sense. As one would say in Yorkshire " How much? You ought to be wearing a mask!"
Looks to be a nice car and value is a very subjective thing. At the end of the day it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so long as it is not misrepresented in any way. The cost of carrying out a restoration to a similar standard does not really come into it - we all know it is very easy to spend far more on a hobby project than you could hope to recover. I would have thought in this instance the selling off of the original number plate (although the current owner was not responsible for it) will have knocked the value, and rightly so. The seller appears to be perfectly upfront and honest in his marketing of the car and it will be interesting to see the eventual outcome, if indeed it becomes known. Perhaps entering it into a good quality auction, such as Richard Edmonds, might establish the true current market value?
I would be proud to own that little car. Very nice.

It is FB that I have a problem with...not the car!

I won't be joining.
(28-10-2020, 10:10 AM)Ray White Wrote: I would be proud to own that little car.  Very nice.  It is FB that I have a problem with...not the car! I won't be joining.
It's not all bad - indeed, there's lots of very interesting A7 content. Join, search for "Austin 7" and, besides the UK page (and some closed groups), two USA Club entries come up, the "Austin Bantam Society" and "The American Austin Bantam Club". Many Facebook users of the UK A7 page don't post on this forum, but they often have otherwise inaccessible material to impart. One prolific poster is Bob Cunningham; he regularly puts up really interesting, just-discovered historical pictures and other research. The rest of FB - you can ignore!
I've expressed this view before but will say again - I think it is a pity that so much interesting 'stuff' is put on Facebook. Why? Because unlike a forum it has very little rational structure and is extremely clunky to navigate. It's fine for people who just want a passing interaction but as a long term resource, nah. 

Even something simple such as wanting to read all the comments/replies to a posting becomes a chore because the stupid thing will not 'display all' in one go. What child tech bod thought that was clever?

I dip into Facebook now and then but I steer clear of it as much as I possibly can.
I quite agree Nick. It is hard enough finding info shared on the forum in its (relatively speaking) continuous narrative form. On FB it's here today, gone tomorrow (or even 5 mins from now). Especially now it has driven me onto Google Chrome I feel the 'charm' of facebook less and less.