The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD Chummy doors
Help wanted, please!

We have a 1929/1930 (replica) AD Chummy body in the workshop for complete framing in ash.

It turns out that there are no door skins with it, so we're going to have to construct a pair from scratch.

Could some kind person send us some detailed photos showing the way in which the door skins fit to the frames on this model (we have all of the info that we need for the frames themselves) ?

Many thanks!
I have a good original door you can borrow.
Best Wishes Gene
Hi Gene. Many thanks for the offer. It's a pity that you're not closer, otherwise I'd jump at it. However, as it's the details of the door skin and how it's fixed to the frame that I need, rather than dimensions or constructional details, would it be possible to take a few photos of the edges of the door?
Hi Martin, I have just noticed your request, if you still need details  / photos let me know as I have some rough but original doors that might be useful for reference.

Cheers,

Dan
Hi Martin, if you don't get a suitable response elsewhere, I'm only in Shrewsbury if you want to come and examine my 1929 AD's doors on the car?
Thanks very much, everyone. With the help of several people, Stuart Roach in particular, I have now sorted out the confusion.

I hadn't realised that there were two distinct versions of the AD Chummy. The later versions had AE-style scuttles and doors, but used the earlier floorpan and were narrower than a true AE. I think that I've whenever I've seen one of these later cars, I've always assumed that I was looking at an AE. We live and learn!

The body tub that we have here is the earlier pattern and will have beaded doors.
It appears that you are sorted, Martin. I'm glad of that because my doors are not beaded so wouldn't have helped you anyway!!
    Hi Martin 
Sorry for delay, my door has the separate bead round the outside so sounds like the one you are looking for.I have mailed numerous photos to you, but the loan offer still stands.
There is no substitute to having the real thing to copy.
This must be an early door as there is no exterior door handle hole.