The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring from scratch
Okay thanks Howard, so for Chummies the sidelight setting for the front facing lights is effectively the same as dipped beam?
Hi Rupert

Yep…..Although the main beam can hardly be called that…Bit like a couple of candles lighting the way  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
So my next question is whether or not there's a view on tinning the end of wires that are going into screw/threaded terminals? My Box saloon appears to have the ends tinned, but I've seen some conflicting information on whether this can actually be detrimental over time as it can crack.
(12-10-2021, 08:57 PM)RupertW Wrote: So my next question is whether or not there's a view on tinning the end of wires that are going into screw/threaded terminals? My Box saloon appears to have the ends tinned, but I've seen some conflicting information on whether this can actually be detrimental over time as it can crack.

I've tinned the ends, and done it without tinning. Prefer it without, otherwise solder runs into the cable and the wire can easily break at the end of the soldered bit.

I now put bare wire into a threaded terminal, tighten the screw, then put on a drop or two of WD40 to prevent corrosion.