The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auction today
Sorry for the short notice, but if anyone is looking for a bacon-slicer starter assembly, there's one disguised as a 'dynamo' in Lot 113! There may be other hidden gems, but I haven't been through all 622 lots ...

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogu...ugh-171020

Edit: Lots more, including a mag-engine crankcase and a Nippy stone-guard. See Lots 122, 125, 126, 162, 177-182, etc.
This is all new to me, the site wants my card number even before I start bidding. If forum members are happy about it and as long as we are not outbidding each other then a semi- hidden bacon slicer seems like a very good idea, the perfect use for Saturday morning pocket money.
That's what I thought, Steve, but that lot has sold for £110, so my guess is someone knew what they were looking at! The mag crankcase (plus a later 'case) made £30, with the front timing cover in a later lot for £5 sounds like good value. I'll be interested to see what the Nippy stone-guard goes for.
There's another barn find Ruby needs saving - Lot 443.
Stone guard was £35 Mike.
(17-10-2020, 11:11 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Stone guard was £35 Mike.

Which is about the net cost of the parts to make mine!
But it's a lot easier to buy one  - a bargain for someone.

c
Do they normally cost more?
(17-10-2020, 01:54 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do they normally cost more?

A new one from ARP is £240 (2018 price)

C
Sounds like they did get a good deal, nice one.
Ruby sold for £2400.  If you like looking at barn finds, there are some good detailed pictures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)