The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bantam Delivery Van - restoration
This looks superb - done properly, I particularly like the carriage lamps and the upholstery.

I suspect that bench seat folds down for access.
(17-10-2020, 01:40 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: All joking aside, an awful lot of work has gone into the car and good on them for retaining its original format, rather than the arguably more commercially desirable roadster.

The Boulevard Delivery is very much the holy grail for Bantam owners; the Roadster, by comparison, is common as muck! You'll note the price at $70k, a Roadster would do well to top $30k.
An exquisite piece of work but who is going to drive it without a cup holder or for fear of a fly sullying the windscreen not to mention the danger of a dog peeing on a wheel?

I think it would fail the glossometer shine test at a concours competition, they don't like too much glare...
Here's a picture with the "top" up (a hood is something different of course!). It simply fixes to the press-studs, no frame. Mike is quite right, these are very highly sought-after, both for their rarity and also their quirky styling.

.jpg   3313343666_955e0924a0_n.jpg (Size: 34.38 KB / Downloads: 208)
(17-10-2020, 05:42 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(17-10-2020, 01:40 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: All joking aside, an awful lot of work has gone into the car and good on them for retaining its original format, rather than the arguably more commercially desirable roadster.

The Boulevard Delivery is very much the holy grail for Bantam owners; the Roadster, by comparison, is common as muck! You'll note the price at $70k, a Roadster would do well to top $30k.
 Well, one thing about the friends forum, every day is a school day...thanks Mike!
Looks like it didn't sell first time round, it's back for another go on 22nd May:

https://www.prewarcar.com/326882-1938-am...d-delivery