The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bantam Delivery Van - restoration
Check out the Hemmings Auction site for a collection of interesting pictures. Described as a "Jewel Box on Wheels": https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dea...Japj0iIwbs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Tony

That is one OCD restoration with not a Phillips cross head in sight. 

I’m sure there will be a chorus of “it needs patina” etc but each to his own  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Needs patina! :-)
Aside of any opinion as to oily rag/concourse/better than new, I do think it joyous that such skills exist to do this type of work.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I'm not one for concours restorations, but that can come and park in my garage anytime it likes! Interesting to see a photo with the hood up, I always wondered whether they even had a hood.
Was this the only van ever to be fitted with a go-faster fold-down windscreen? And how does one access the load compartment? It looks like the only access is through the window behind the driver's seat ...
The washer on the dynamo holding strap bolt in the wrong size....

...I’ll get me coat!
(17-10-2020, 09:58 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: The washer on the dynamo holding strap bolt in the wrong size....

...I’ll get me coat!
No, it's the right size, it's just that the radius on the edge is out by 0.010".....
I think, "better than new" would be my description. I too wonder how to access the compartment aside from the window behind the seats. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like a miniature hearse or paddy wagon. Overall, I think its very nicely done.

Erich in Seattle
All joking aside, an awful lot of work has gone into the car and good on them for retaining its original format, rather than the arguably more commercially desirable roadster.