Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 bearing Ruby crank case
I have an almost complete 2 bearing Ruby engine that was running reasonably well before a little end bolt let go and exited via the side of the crank case, taking a 2" square patch with it. I briefly considered patching the hole and running the engine, but a wise wizard from up a little nearer to the North pole suggested that was a very bad idea.

Does anyone have a low frame rubber mounted 2 bearing crank case, preferably one that wouldn't need too much engineering to reuse, that they would be willing to sell me?
Hi Nick

I have a two bearing rubber foot crankcase but I’m not sure if it’s low or high frame and I think it needs some work (front bearing lip for a start!).  I’ll get it out and take some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Howard

Thanks Howard. I'm hoping I might avoid that, but it may be unrealistic! Let me know which it is.

Ruairidh tells me it needs to be the one with the ridge just behind the starter mounting like in the picture above... as a result I discovered the engine currently in my ORT is in a high frame crankcase.

KR
Nick
Hi Nick

My memory was playing tricks it wasn’t even a rubber foot case!  

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   EB68978A-ED66-4301-88F0-281DE0E07CE1.jpeg (Size: 146.8 KB / Downloads: 52)
Thanks for taking the time to look Howard.