The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby for sale
(14-10-2020, 10:59 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: An individual would need to be the registered keeper and deal with the day to day legalities.
Things aren’t as easy as they used to be, I would have thought insurance would also be a problem if there are to be multiple owners and users .In order to insure a vehicle you have to be it’s owner.
Not wishing to put a damper on this, just something to think about.
Not essentially a problem. If we donate the car to the A7CA, I understand that they already have a loan car and presumably have these things sorted out. If we keep the car as a collective project, then suitable trustees can be appointed with one named registered keeper (remember that the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner - it says this on the V5).

I am sure that I am not the only (retired) lawyer on the forum and there is always a way through such things.

As I say let's cross each bridge as we come to it. No-one has been to see the car yet.
A forum member knows the car, it is literally at end of his street.

Much work needs to be done - unsurprisingly - but he is going see if he can visit again in the next few days.

It is the PWA7C who already oversee a car loan scheme (singular), David - they have overcome the issues, as you suggest.
Excellent Ruairidh!

Let's await a report on condition etc.
I am fairly confident it is poor...
The Morris Register (club) of which I'm a long standing member similarly operates an annual car loan scheme for young drivers and has two Morris 8 Tourers in its fleet - a 1939 Series E Tourer and a 1935 Series I Tourer. They too have obviously overcome the various issues involved.

Re the 1937 Ruby - Rowlands Gill is a mere 2 mile walk from my home, though I was totally unaware of the cars existence prior to seeing it mentioned on the forum this morning. It seems another forum member is even closer than me - apparently at the end of his street, so no doubt he'll report back on its condition in the next few days.
It is remarkable how these cars keep surfacing. Not the only iconic small car. in 40 or 50 years time will they be unearthing Minors, Minis, Honda Civic, Toyota Starlets? I suppose with no oil leaks and paper thin metal the latter two have all dissolved already.
(15-10-2020, 06:26 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: It is remarkable how these cars keep surfacing. Not the only iconic small car. in 40 or 50 years time will they be unearthing Minors, Minis, Honda Civic, Toyota Starlets? I suppose with no oil leaks and paper thin metal the latter two have all dissolved already.
It's happening now, Bob. An acquaintance has just bought an early-fifties Morris Minor which he remembers from his childhood; it has been laid up in the garage where he remembers first seeing it... and has not moved since 1959! It has fewer than 20,000 miles on the clock and needs no structural work whatsoever.
Hi Hugh,

Don't forget I have a '32 Box saloon which is taking up valuable space. You walked past it last Sunday. I expect it would be too expensive for your scheme, but it is a good runner and totally solid. Maybe something could be worked out?

Lance
Lance - I doubt yours is 'at risk' from being ripped apart though...
Undoubtedly via the A7CA as per the current loan car is the way to go. Perhaps a fund could be established via them with this in mind even if this particular example did not come off. Still in.