The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby for sale
Hi All

I’d be up for it but before I try and put my short arms down my long pockets can someone explain a couple of things...

Exactly who would be the owner?  At the end of the day or in the case of it being an insurance write off who collects the cash?

Cheers

Howard

Sorry to appear a bit Scrooge in this.
Howard - why don't you suggest answers to your questions. I agree, they are questions that have to be answered. But as in the spirit of crowd funding for any purchase, crowd funded solutions to issues such as these are required...

Hugh
Hi Hugh

Ooooops I thought there might be an established method.  Smile.

These are just some ideas .....

1. The car could be owned by all the contributors each having a share returned at the end of the day. This would need organisation and a trust to oversee dispersal of funds.

2. The car could be owned by the A7CA if they are in agreement. In which case contributions would be pure donations with no return. The proceeds from the car sale would just swell the A7CA coffers.

3.  The car could be owned by an individual contracted to disperse proceeds at the end of the day. Quite a responsibility I think.

Please these are just rough ideas. I am no legal expert and they could be non starters.

Cheers

Howard
I would be happy to contribute some parts - I'm sure there will be some things needed!
Thank you Howard, and everyone else who as responded. I've managed to get in touch with someone who knows the car and it would appear the photos flatter it to quite a degree and it is in quite a state. So although the idea was sound (well, I would say that, wouldn't I) In this case, the idea appears to be a non-starter.. Shame..

Maybe something that would work with a better car in the future...

And I've just been told of a solid running Ruby that had just sold for a few hundred pounds more than this a few weeks back. Life is full of missed opportunities...

Hey ho...
Perhaps if people are feeling flush, a fighting fund could be established over a little more time that could secure an "important" (i.e. dishevilled but highly original and basically sound) car when it crops up? It wouldn't be difficult to get a vote of say 70% of the co-donors to proceed. But there would have to be a shared conservation vision i.e. something like that of the Spanish Fabric saloon.
(14-10-2020, 12:36 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: We should crowd fund the purchase of this and then use it as a loan vehicle for the young driver scheme... I'll start it off by pledging £100....
 If I had £2500 hanging about I would buy it for my great grandson. However, I like your crowdfunding idea Hugh. I too pledge £100. towards it.

Anyone else game?
We should keep this going, it's a good idea if not for this example.
Ownership by the A7CA 
Purchase not limited to barn finds.
Goal to be hand over to the young driver at the 100th anniversary.
The more we raise, the better the example and subsequently easier for all concerned.
I'm still in, cheers
Oops. Should have read the other two pages of posts on this one before weighing in.
Question, before we all write it off,: Anyone near where it is who could go and have a look and report back? Once we have seen whether it is a viable project we can discuss how it will be refurbished, where it will live and how it will be used etc.?

Cross each bridge as we come to it!

I'm still in too!
An individual would need to be the registered keeper and deal with the day to day legalities.
Things aren’t as easy as they used to be, I would have thought insurance would also be a problem if there are to be multiple owners and users .In order to insure a vehicle you have to be it’s owner.
Not wishing to put a damper on this, just something to think about.