The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7CA Zooms into the 21st century today!
The A7CA held it’s first ever virtual AGM today via Zoom - attendance was impressive and included new members from Ireland as well as The Cornwall Club coming live from a travelling Motorhome!

This is what it looked like from my desk today (hope nobody in the pictures objects to me sharing...).

It is absolutely the way forward in my book and allowed me to attend properly for the first time since 2005!

Onwards and upwards, hopefully overseas Club Reps. can join the next one too?

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, Ruairidh. In respect of this pox, one good thing has been Zoom. For the best part of 15 years I've been travelling down to Chipping Norton once a month to attend a meeting at the VSCC offices. That's a 300 mile round trip and a full day's time for me. Since the end of March, that meeting has been held via Zoom. Real time, face to face just like we were all in the same room, no mileage and the time commitment was just the length of the meeting. What a revelation. As you say, certainly the way forward particularly for Clubs and Associations with members spread about the country and the only down side is that we didn't discover it a lot earlier.

Steve
The ScA7C has been having Committee meetings via Zoom for several years now, since Nick Turley showed us what it could do on an Archive Team meeting.

The 2022 Rally group meet using it and many social groups I belong to do as well.

I love it!
It was also pointed out that we had saved an appreciable amount of fuel by not having to travel. Definitely the way forward.
There were some 33 delegates at the meeting today. Perhaps more than attend the in person meetings in Dunchurch. I thought it a great success, particularly for a first attempt.. And I was 'home' eating my cheese sarnie for lunch 10 minutes after the end of the meeting...

;o)
I've "attended" three BSA FWDC monthly meetings and a couple of other zoom events, very interesting once the set up became familiar. Recommended to all!
Never been to a meeting previously due to distance to travel and the time involved. This I think is the way forward.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
And interesting to see how many prominent Sevenists have now changed from their traditional 'Boston'or 'DA' hairstyles to the new 'Baildon' variety!

(Observer from the Irish 'Overseas' Lot!)  I await Dunford Junior modernising in this way?
"Modernising" Ha ha!
A lot of employers are now reluctantly conceding that staff can work just as well from home on a desktop computer as they did when they drove to an office every day - in many ways it is better. Before Covid came along we were already 'meeting' colleagues over Skype simply because there wasn't enough physical meeting space available. Must admit I turn the video off though - specially for early meetings in my jamas!