The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A delightful example of the classic Fiat sports roadster
https://www.prewarcar.com/312653-1929-au...by-swallow
Hmmm! If that was a UK auction there would be scope for misrepresentation! It's a 1930 car, not 1929 (originally registered WE 8960 in June 1930) and that chassis plate is not the original id plate (it's a modern repro stamped with the Car Number). I wonder whether it goes as well as it looks? Probably not!
Interesting Fiat . Not a twin cam out of a sporting 124, and certainly not 27 litres as admired at Chateau Impney. Yet some how it looks familiar....
It’s given me a lump in my throat...
Fiat? Perforated steel wheels? I did note the switch panel is attached with philips head screws and the clock? to the right doesn't seem to be attached at all.

Erich in Seattle
Lovely! Beautiful A7 but what can you do with it? Scary taking out on the road in case it got scratched.
Now now, let's not be judgemental. Originally called Pozzidrive, the fastening was invented in a shed in the backstreets of Torino by a chap called Giovanni Forzano in 1927. It is truly sad that I looked at the striking images of such a masterpiece again. The electical arrangements are unusual, the sign on the windscreen seems to suggest that masterswitch is under the hood. Now under the tonneau on a rainy day makes sense, but if an emergency required the master switch being turned off, the time and effort in raising the folded hood to get to it sounds a bit dangerous. Sorry, it comes from sitting at the kitchen table and not standing outside the Radnorshire Arms.
My feelings exactly David.
...and swallow, that’s better!

Our Swallow 2-seater (bought by my mother from Donald Doughty around the same time she bought the GE Cup that was completed last year), is next on the list for restoration.  Martin and Dave Prior are currently undertaking the framework for it.

She made a fantastic model of it using a flat bottomed egg for the tail, if she reads this she may be able to post a picture of it (perhaps stored in a shoe box in your bedroom cupboard)?
I'm sorry but cars like this just don't do it for me. In 1929 or 1930 they simply didn't look like this. Too perfect, too shiny. OK if it's what you want but not real or realistic and not for me.

Steve