The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member from Lancashire checking in.
Small world
Welcome Adrian and Son.
I have found the forum a wealth of help, support, encouragement and information.
I joined the local club and it just added another layer of hands-on advice and support.
Jump in, the water is warm, even if we have to have separate baths at the moment Smile

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Welcome to the forum Adrian,

You have certainly found the friendliest, most helpful place for anything Austin Seven related.

Speaking as a newbie myself, I couldn't have got as far as I have without the invaluable help & encouragement I have received here.

Good luck in your hunt. I'm sure you will find the ideal car. We will be selling our Box saloon soon, but not just at the moment.

Happy hunting,

Mark F
Hi Adrian
I got into Sevens only recently. From my experience I cannot stress too highly the benefit of joining your local club and inviting one of the "old lags" to accompany you to view a potential purchase. A few judicious questions of the seller, posed by someone who really knows the cars, will undoubtedly help protect you from buying a lemon.
I am not really a joiner of clubs, but I have to say the Austin Seven world is stuffed full of quite remarkably pleasant and helpful people!
Good luck.
Colin
Again many thanks for the warm welcome.I really appreciate it. Smile

I know of a 1931 RN for sale reg number FJ 8013.A google search of the number brings up a few results and one from this forum.
Is this is a known car by anyone on here?
Welcome to the mad world of Austin Sevens Adrian.
If you wish to call me 01422825222 some time I will do my best to help you find what you are after.
You should take that offer up, Adrian...
I owned this in 1969, good to see it survived. I put new floors in it, and repairs to lower rear panel and underseat floor.Swopped it for a Nippy engine.
Adrian, how flexible are you on age of car? One of our members has a 1938 Ruby for sale. It is an abandoned project due to the sad death of owner's husband. The car is complete; the engine is out and dismantled, but would not take a massive amount of work to make usable. The car is located in Holyhead on Angelsey. If you are interested, contact me; John Williams,  via www.southwalesaustinsevenclub.co.uk .
(09-10-2020, 12:47 PM)Nick Turley Wrote: Welcome to the mad world of Austin Sevens Adrian.
If you wish to call me 01422825222 some time I will do my best to help you find what you are after.
Many thanks Nick I will do that.

(09-10-2020, 11:20 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: I owned this in 1969, good to see it survived. I put new floors in it, and repairs to lower rear panel and underseat floor.Swopped it for a Nippy engine.
Wow that's fantastic that you owned it so long ago.I have now discounted that car as it doesn't have a V5 at the moment

(09-10-2020, 11:33 PM)john williams Wrote: Adrian, how flexible are you on age of car? One of our members has a 1938 Ruby for sale. It is an abandoned project due to the sad death of owner's husband. The car is complete; the engine is out and dismantled, but would not take a massive amount of work to make usable. The car is located in Holyhead on Angelsey. If you are interested, contact me; John Williams,  via www.southwalesaustinsevenclub.co.uk .
Morning John.Many thanks for your reply and what a sad story.I really want an early 30's car as I like the boxier compact shape.
Hi, where is FJ 8013 advertised please if your not interested in it