The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer approaches...
The summer of 1933..Click the picture for a higher-resolution image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Got that one on my garage wall.
It must be the BMW electric version it has no exhaust system or indicators.
A 65, so no indictors or sidelights. Dreadful depiction, it looks as though it might snap in the middle.
I wouldn't have expected it to have indicators back then.
Plus fours and a pipe, essential kit for driving a 65...assuming the young lady is not driving of course!

Actually when I was working as a magazine editor at Morgan Grampian many years ago, there was a lady editor who smoked a pipe, but that’s another story.

Another wonderful image which doesn’t appear to have any sneaky photoshopping from Tony, although the perspective makes the box saloon in the background appear to be the size of an Austin 20.
Perspective, what is this perspective? Was this a Friday afternoon job in the Art Department? I almost thought the verse suggested the Austin allowed you to escape from the paddling mob, gently gliding downstream.
(18-04-2021, 09:44 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Plus fours and a pipe, essential kit for driving a 65...assuming the young lady is not driving of course!

Actually when I was working as a magazine editor at Morgan Grampian many years ago, there was a lady editor who smoked a pipe, but that’s another story.

Another wonderful image which doesn’t appear to have any sneaky photoshopping  from Tony, although the perspective makes the box saloon in the background appear to be the size of an Austin 20.
Actually, there is a bit of "sneaky photoshopping" but only to replace the top, bottom and side edges of the image that were lost from the scan I received. Otherwise, all is bonafide...