The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1972 Golden Jubilee film
I know it is short notice, but I have only just heard via Austin Ex-Apprentices Association that a 15 minute film of the 1972 Golden Jubilee Rally is being screened TODAY at 09.55 this morning on Talking Pictures channel. Freeview 81 or Virgin 445.
Also Freesat ch 306
The Talking Pictures team and I have been talking about this for a while, them having approached us in the first instance. They will be showing all of the films the Archive has published. I have asked them for a schedule which I will publish as soon as I get it. In the meantime, of course, if you want to see them at your liesure, you can always look at them on the Archive web site:

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/films/
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this film. It brought back many memories for me as I was there (aged 9) in my dad's, then, RM saloon in which we drove from Lincoln to Birmingham and back and took part in the road run around the city before finishing off with a run up the test hill. The sound of hundreds of Austin 7 horns in the tunnels has always stayed with me!
Sadly, UB 7907 is now an "Ulster" and was for sale in France a few months ago as I mentioned at the time.
I'm now looking forward to bringing my Nippy down to the 100th event in about 18 months' time.
Best wishes,
Nick
Apologies!!  The email to me from the Ex-apprentices Association said it was the 1972  Golden Jubilee. It turns out to have been the 1955 Austin Motor Co.  Jubilee.  Something of a disappointment. 
Must try harder!
Could this be the one you are looking for. https://youtu.be/GxKD1voT-7c. It's also on the a7ca.org. site
Thank you Oilyface. I,ve just watched the silent 1972 Austin Seven Golden Jubilee Rally film and it really brought back memories.
Organiser John Ward with splendid sideburns. Terry McGrath smoking his awful herbal tobacco. A nice shot of Hugo  Blnkenbijl in his 1925 with Dutch ZZ plates.  Mike Tebbett,Chris Gould, Reg nice,Tony Griffiths,Stanley Edge. What a great day.

Thank you Oilyface. I,ve just watched the silent 1972 Austin Seven Golden Jubilee Rally film and it really brought back memories.
Organiser John Ward with splendid sideburns. Terry McGrath smoking his awful herbal tobacco. A nice shot of Hugo  Blnkenbijl in his 1925 with Dutch ZZ plates.  Mike Tebbett,Chris Gould, Reg nice,Tony Griffiths,Stanley Edge. What a great day.
Thanks - great memories. My grandmother's green Top Hat at about 6:05.