The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigsty racing - One customers experience.
I would rather someone said no to me any-day. At least I then know where I am.
Sounds like a very honest and balanced account of a long term poor experience from a company I have never dealt with but is clearly well known and respected.

What you always hope in these circumstances is that it is seen to be put right and lessons learnt.
Sounds like lessons have been learnt (from what has been said) but that the customer has been left to accept the exceptionally poor service (still not completely resolved) without any recompense for costs and problems.

If I were this supplier I would be offering money back for fundamentally giving incorrect information, apparently taking money under false pretences for claiming works completed when they weren't (that is unforgiveable) and just as a good will gesture to a customer massively put out and now out of pocket (fuel, time, inconvenience) due to the supplier failing.

The supplier simply shouldn't be making the original profit from poor service and should be seen to be making sure the customer is not out of pocket and has the correct product.

Without 'closure' this will stand on google searches for a long time and doesn't currently read well, something I am sure no-one wants in the Austin Seven world.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Throughout the whole experience I have tried to play a straight bat. When I placed the order I explained why a firm delivery date was so important & I paid by return every time Alex asked for more money.

I have never asked for any money back or compensation, that isn't how I work.

When I discovered items that were damaged or not working on the engine I did tell Alex who was always very apologetic & would tell me that he would post replacements out by return. The sad truth is that just like with the engine, delivery is far short of what is promised. With the exception of an SU jet that was received direct from his supplier, I have had to order these damaged parts myself as it's less hassle than relying on Alex to supply them & be left waiting for an indeterminate length of time.

If Alex wants to make sure that I receive a good working 12V 2 brush dynamo & an unbent front pulley, I'll be very grateful to accept them. If they do turn up I'll happily report so here.

I read Alex's posts in this thread with great interest & sincerely hope that he has learned from this very long & sad story. Because the service & attention I received over the 18 months I dealt with Alex were woeful!
(05-10-2020, 12:16 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Sounds like a very honest and balanced account of a long term poor experience from a company I have never dealt with but is clearly well known and respected.
Possibly now changed to - a company I have never dealt with but is was clearly well known and respected.
On a far more positive note, I am very happy to report that my newly refurbished Dynamo arrived from Vince Leek yesterday. We replaced the faulty unit with it, turned the key & all is now working as it should Smile

A fun evening tidying the wiring up this evening & we are finally good to go.

Will post a pic or two very shortly.
Funny!  I had a very similar experience with Alex ten years ago.  

Lovely chap and endless enthusiasm but it took 15 months (against 4 promised) to rebuild my Nippy engine.  

There were endless delays, promises and excuses.   Parts were not available (Phoenix crank) or came in wrong (valves).  Finally, he had all the parts but was too busy to work on my engine because he HAD to give priority to his racing clients.  When I could get through to the workshop I was told he was too busy to come to the phone.  It went on and on.

However, the engine turned up one day and I must say that it runs like a sewing machine and is noticeably more powerful than before.  It has been totally reliable ever since.

I think the lesson is you need another car to keep yourself amused while Alex works at his own pace.