The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now for something completely different
Roger Woods in America posted these shots of his rare and very late - dated 1938 - Willys Overland Crossly on Facebook:

Attached Files
.jpg   0a.jpg (Size: 464.26 KB / Downloads: 674)
.jpg   2.jpg (Size: 254.21 KB / Downloads: 672)
.jpg   3.jpg (Size: 390.9 KB / Downloads: 671)
.jpg   4.jpg (Size: 339.77 KB / Downloads: 671)
.jpg   1.jpg (Size: 253.67 KB / Downloads: 670)
What a lovely car and photos but where is Noddy and Big ears. (Can we say Big ears in this P.C. world we now live in.)
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Only a little engine! 743cc!
How do you get 310Kg in such a small car?
Dave, there was this in the 50's here:
"How do you get four elephants in a 4CV (Renault)?
Easy, two on the front seats, two on the back ones!"
Interesting car! Very very similar to the Longbridge 2-seat tourer (Opal). The disc wheels with chrome centres, and the colourful paint job give it more of a "toy" look.
(02-10-2020, 12:24 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: How do you get 310Kg in such a small car?

(02-10-2020, 12:30 PM)Mick Hobday Wrote: Interesting car! Very very similar to the Longbridge 2-seat tourer (Opal).  The disc wheels with chrome centres, and the colourful paint job give it more of a "toy" look.
Yes, bright colour on small cars do give a toy look - I suppose it's the circus connection. Here's the tune played as it exits the garage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE
I'm puzzled, did it leave the WOC works with those wheels or has it acquired different running gear during restoration? I thought their cars were almost identical to Longbridge versions.
(02-10-2020, 08:49 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: I'm puzzled, did it leave the WOC works with those wheels or has it acquired different running gear during restoration? I thought their cars were almost identical to Longbridge versions.
The wheels are odd, and chrome plating the rad cowl?  I was wondering more about that!

Our old friend Mr Williams sold a Ruby based special with a chromed cowl a few years ago... I  wonder what happened to that.
A book about the cars can be ordered. Unfortunately, the company selling it is stuck in the 1950s and the only way of paying is by renting a donkey from your bank and having the cash sent along the back roads (many German firms don't seem to like credit cards...).
https://verlagkraftakt.de/50-Jahre-Wartburg-Sport  If you use Chrome it will (as you all know) it automatically translate the order form into English.

Attached Files
.jpg   Willy-book.jpg (Size: 207.26 KB / Downloads: 315)