The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We sometimes forget just how small they really are
Hello Gord, 
Maybe an English Opal that is lurking somewhere in better condition might be available. (Removed to make a special perhaps) 
  Best wishes, 
                           Robert.
That is my dream Robert but very few arrived here. This one has 16" wheels, 4 blade fan, bench seat (what's left of it) and LH drive. One came up for sale in California a few years back but getting it here was prohibitive. I'm still kicking myself over that one!  I'll keep buying lottery tickets.
(01-10-2020, 10:16 PM)gord Wrote: I'd love to keep it intact, Tony, but the pockets are too shallow. I've been a mechanic all my life, but not a metal fabricator. I am also a full time care giver to my wife who has Alzheimer's. I'm surprised I've come this far on the chassis. I have the history of the car from 1947. Lots of photos but not for this thread.   Gord
Thank you Gord. The car is in very good hands and I'm sure that it will, one day, be fully functional again. May I wish you the very best of luck with it - and enjoy the process.
Great big flashy car, with teeth...

[Image: 180520-15Molentocht%20GoesFlashyThingOpal.jpg]

Molentocht, The Netherlands, 2018
No doubt "engine at both ends" to quote Flanders and Swan from the intro to the Gnu song...
The characteristic Buick grille was known as "the dollar grin"
The first common "coming and going" three box car was the Studebaker about 1947. As a schoolboy they were a source of intrigue to fellow youngsters, many whose fictitious uncles owned one!
Much is made of crumple zones etc in moderns but given a seat belt I would prefer the Buick.
Hi All

I’ve not posted on this thread yet as I am completely in awe of the beautiful Chevy in the first post. Envy written all over me! I have a line drawing of one on the spare bedroom wall ( brought back from Cuba by my son a year out so back) and I constructed a Revel model of one some years ago.  AND my all time favourite film “American Graffiti” featured one as the bad guy driven by a very young Harrison Ford. Although I’d still take home the deuce coupe in preference.

However all my neighbours refer to my Austin’s as the “cars bach”. Hope I don’t need to translate this as little cars in Wenglish ?.

Cheers

Howard
My favourite so far is Ray's Dodge.

Our Dodge six, acquired over thirty years ago to suit a growing family. Both now retired but the chummy has siblings.
(05-10-2020, 12:44 AM)squeak Wrote: Our Dodge six, acquired over thirty years ago to suit a growing family. Both now retired but the chummy has siblings.
A great picture - thanks!