The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We sometimes forget just how small they really are
Hi Nick 

Would it be worth a shot of “RedX” down the plug hole?  I’m not sure if RedX is still available but it could clear a sticking valve?

Cheers

Howard
Whilst Redex is still available, it's not the Redex of old that we all remember. I don't know if it does much good but these days I put a shot of self mixing two stroke oil into each tank of petrol on all my Sevens.

Steve
I had a Seven that read a dizzy 22psi+/- on all cylinders. It ran very sweetly and stormed up quite long hills at a steady 20-25mph in 2nd (out of 3). Starting was a bit of a ritual (the starter struggled to turn it over!) unless the ignition was fully retarded then it immediately burst into life.
Any comments?
(12-10-2020, 01:36 PM)David.H Wrote: I had a Seven that read a dizzy 22psi+/- on all cylinders. It ran very sweetly and stormed up quite long hills at a steady 20-25mph in 2nd (out of 3). Starting was a  bit of a ritual (the starter struggled to turn it over!) unless the ignition was fully retarded then it immediately burst into life.
Any comments?
Faulty compression tester?

I had a nasty thought that the loss of no4 might in some way be connected to local overheating as a result of poor circulation after fitting a thermostat.  I spoke to the Oracle (Ruairidh) who suggested checking tappet clearances.... oops... three had migrated and there was certainly less than 6 thou on both v7 and v8... the recent intermittent misfire being perfectly aligned to me replacing the exhaust and that didn't seem to fit very well at the front... so, basically my fault for not checking the obvious

I did consider taking the head off, but as I don't have much free time between now and Saturday. I don't fancy chancing a broken stud or whatever else is inevitable when I tackle it on Sunday!

Still,  it is down hill for the important bit!
Nick,
Read 75 on another car.
D...