The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Remax" box of spares - I'd never seen one
I have some Regent, another after market manufacturer, half shafts and C/W& Pinion sets.
One advantage of Remax, Regent et al was that the parts were invariably made in UK....nothing from those wily orientals.....! Remax were good at making electrical components that could be used on several vehicles, often matching several Lucas/Delco parts with one. If you ever find a full Remax catalogue it is a mine of information. 
Pattern part quality control was not always up to Austin standards though....sounds familiar!
David
The Remax list includes light and heavy crankshafts !
Tony Press Wrote:The Remax list includes light and heavy crankshafts !

Yep, I've used one in an engine before. Ran OK.....

It was in the 70's before balancing, crack detection, regrinding or any of that stuff. Hurled 'em together to get to the pub for last orders!
I have several sets of Remax rods - they are considerably more chunky than Longbridge ones.
For those who asked, Remax on the left, Longbridge on the right...

It looks as though Colin Chapman really did take that lesson from his A7 days - use the minimum amount of metal that will do the job.