The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Remax" box of spares - I'd never seen one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-...SwrxBfcIe6

No connection to seller, no interest in buying it, but a lovely thing and new to me (but I don't get out much....) so thought might be of interest here.
The Archive has one of these which is in better condition, though it doesn't have quite as many of the original spares in it. We have added some new components to bolster the originals however...
One of those things you feel you ought to buy just to preserve for posterity, but the condition is pretty grim and if the archive has one already......

Anyone tempted to buy it and take it to "The Repair Shop" Rolleyes
There are people selling "Ulster projects" with less parts than there are in that box!
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Any prospective bidder should be wary - it doesn't look to me like all the parts are necessarily unused or of Genuine Remax origin - certainly one of the few definitely identifiable items, the kingpin set, is not.  B & A (Bearings and Accessories to give them their full title) was a contemporary rival aftermarket supplier of steering and suspension parts.
Sorry if an obvious question - but was "Remax" part of Austin or like a "Halfords" or something?
Remax were a manufacturer of aftermarket parts.
If anyone remembers, there was a yard/factors in West Norwood called Clare's Motor Works. Percy Clare I believe was a pre war director of Remax. I think Remax may have ended up with Quinton Hazell.
Clare's certainly had a lot of Remax parts! Clare's started breaking cars in the 20's and seemed to have never thrown anything away!
David
(29-09-2020, 08:59 PM)DavidL Wrote: Sorry if an obvious question - but was "Remax" part of Austin or like a "Halfords" or something?

I would think Re Ma nufactured with an X ?

Some time ago a Melbourne Club member reprinted a full 1930? list of Remax Parts 14 A4 pages long !
I'd forgotten about Clares, I used to visit in the late 60's when I was a "starving apprentice" in Herne Hill, not sure if I ever bought anything but was made welcome!