The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster Rep Front Spring
Hi All
I was having awful handling/steering problems with my Ulster Rep. Originally the front spring was on upside down which I gather is an old trick to lower the front end. It looked great but the spring was banging against the axle and the track rod was rubbing against the chassis. It was dreadful to drive and felt very dangerous. Now I've had the spring replaced (minus 2 leaves) and put in the right way up. Wow what a difference! It drives brilliantly. But it sits so high at the front. It looks a bit daft. Anyone else had similar problems?
Cheers
Rich
The spring needs to be flat, or with a slight reverse camber.
Interested to know what spring you used. Do you find the ride supple enough? Depends on what you use the car for i imagine.
What does reverse camber mean? Should the spring curve upwards or downwards in the centre?
Hi Wooster

Positive camber is when the spring scowls at you, negative when it smiles. As Zeto says ideally it should be flat or slightly smiling.

Cheers

Howard