The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RN Saloon info (if any)
I think you missed the point about the difference between the RM doors and the RP ones. There is a difference at the bottom of the doors, but in the vertical plane. If I remember correctly the RN door is thicker at the bottom. However the distinguishing feature is the swage line below the window ledge. The moulding that goes round the window aperture. On the RN door the lower horizontal moulding line is parallel to the window ledge. On an RP this curves down slightly in the centre, as does the moulding on the rear quarter windows.
    late '32 RN door swage line.
Bob, if I'm not mistaken I think that's a later RP door you have there. The door moulding on an RN should be the same as the rear quarter window. See this thread with photos:

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...2&cmd=show
Yes, Bob's photo definitely shows an RP door on an RN. It works this way round, but as Reckless says, the RN door is thicker at the bottom rear corner and won't close if fitted to an RP.
Apparently the spare wheel sits more vertically on the back of the RP body, and there is more rear wing visible due to the narrowing of the rear part of the shell. The rear quarter windows also have the slightly curved lower moulding/ swage, to match the door.

my backend !!  However, the spare wheel carrier is home made to replace an old hub with a plywood spacer behind it.
My seams were rotten. co I cut through them, welded the panels together and then put false seams back in place. Sorry, Photo won't upload 2.9Mb (Is that too big ?)
(27-09-2020, 03:31 PM)bob46320 Wrote: my backend !!  However, the spare wheel carrier is home made to replace an old hub with a plywood spacer behind it.
My seams were rotten. co I cut through them, welded the panels together and then put false seams back in place. Sorry, Photo won't upload 2.9Mb (Is that too big ?)
2.9 usually works as 3.0 is rejected. Possibly you tried to upload more simultaneously than the limit? Whatever that is...? Edit; the answer is eight.
Here's another RN with RP doors    

Attached Files
.doc   On Chassis number 159534.doc (Size: 158 KB / Downloads: 68)
Excellent link, Dave. That explains everything.

.jpg   YY 3954.jpg (Size: 47.64 KB / Downloads: 136) Here's a pre war photo of a late 4 speed RN. It took me a while to determine that the chromed brass windscreen was introduced with the RP saloon and the opening for it in the body is slightly different to the RN saloon.