The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One word answer needed ????
Simple question, front Ruby bumper mounting irons.
I guess there should be some sort of spacer under the front cross bolt of the quadrant shaped pressing
to stop the bumper jigging up and down ????, been so long since I stripped it all down I simply can't remember , over to you guys .
Using a mirror to look at the attachment on my car, from underneath there seems to be a suitably-sized small cylindrical collar around the front bolt on each side to take up the slack.  Does this make sense?  I have never had this apart.

Colin
That's what I thought.
if I can't find a pair in my tool box, then out with the lathe, thanks. Big Grin
On mine, the bumper irons just rest on the bolts each side, once all tight it is fixed firm, but has a degree of flex, a spacer will prevent the irons from being clamped by the bolts.
Had a closer look from underneath and used a wire brush to remove the mud.  I think Gary is right.  What looked like a 'collar' measures 0.625" O.D., which is the major diameter of the 5/8" mounting bolt, so the bracket is does flex to trap the bumper iron, gripping it as the bolt is tightened.

Colin
now I'm confused, if the bolt hole is 5/8th, then no collar, if its 3/8th then 'turning time', will check tomorrow, but my money is on a collar.