The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dead-body Austin 7
It did!
Sorry Tony B, did you say the seller’s name was Burke or was it Hare? I understand they used to sell body parts.
The Ruby front is Mk 2, the rear Mk 1, so not exactly matching numbers...
The seller is not known in those parts of the world, where  packs of Sevens roam around Shropshire and Herefordshire. So what exactly are the origins of the machine in its cannibalised condition? Has anyone contacted the vendor, just to ask about the other components offered?
steve,

its a clever ploy?

if he isnt a damn good dealer. he should be.

the rest of the parts will be offered to the highest bidder of the body first?

which in my eyes means, if you well over pay for the body. you may be idiot enough to well over pay for the rest?

and if you are not that stoopid, the next idiot gets the chance to be.

dave, b or h. he could be.

tony.
(18-09-2020, 07:53 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Chum...0290.m3507

did it work ???
Yes, you've got it!
Crazy money for just a shell in need of restoration and when finished it will be a bitsa
I tend to believe that most people are genuine and Waterski salesman are the minority.
I hold no brief for the vendor of the body, don't know him at all but it would appear that despite the cynicism here his surname is Breakwell (gleaned from social media)
I've said this before but I'll repeat it that when challenged on Facebook as to why he was selling a car in bits he said:
"it's not a complete car, the bits photographed are just a few in the house, I have multiples of almost all parts. The body was left over I believe when this car and others got split to build racing specials".
And elsewhere he posted pictures of a set of 60's pit passes and racing bits from his late uncle's estate, stating that his uncle was "a keen Austin 7 mechanic /racer" and noted that they weren't for sale.
I suspect the cars were broken when most of us were in short trousers. You could even suggest that these parts actually only exist because someone built specials way back.

Charles
And the good thing is the left over parts were not thrown away or scrapped.